Thursday, January 21, 2016

CB250 Nighthawk - swaps anyone

Decided to thin things out a bit -

I have a few project bikes cued up but not enough room, or time! So my lovely little CB250 Nighthawk in black with white cast wheels is in the firing line. I have had the bike for 6 or 7 years now, hardly use her and although I hate to say it she could almost be termed a modern classic. (Doh!) 

Plus side - 

Everything is original, paint exhausts, panels, seat, chrome, super Honda reliability, albeit no mileage on her, she has new Metzler tyres front and rear and is light, easy to handle and suprisingly fun for a  238cc single carb scoot. Comfy and well useable two up as well. 

Down side  - She needs for nothing really -the tank has a little 'spider crazing' on the top and a chrome bezel on the rev counter or speedo has been cuffed - not mint but as you would expect a tidy clean 18year old bike to be. 

 I will put 12 months MOT on her and be very sorry to see her go at £800 or (and here is where my painful addiction kicks in) I could be tempted by an interesting project or bike of some sort AND if necessary could either chuck in my complete and original 1979 Kawasaki KL250a (needs total recomissioning) value also about £800 or some cash or possibly both. But it would then have to be very interesting! 

TBH - I dont really know what I want or what would float my boat but if I could loose two and gain one that would sort of work for me. Rambling sales pitch off! 



No comments:

Post a Comment